Compound balance or full body balance moves beginning first from the core, are great ways to train every muscle in your body. They really target your deep core muscles while improving your agility, proprioception, and balance (or your mind-body senses) too. This Core Transformer Balance Challenge is the third move in the choreography I’m building for you. I recommend perform move 12 of each move beginning with a Movement Prep as follows. Then try to repeat twice as you improve your strength and mastery of the moves. Remember to always keep my Set Up—meaning great form and proper alignment in all planes:
1. 12 reps Movement Prep
2. 12 reps Resisted Side Squats
3. 12 reps each Resisted Squats with Balance Challenge
1. Step, cross twice, and loop—your tube. The, inhale, exhale, then, 90-degree squat keeping feet slightly wider than hip width.
2. Exhale and rise into standing then, extend right leg keeping right leg straight with right big toe pointing forward. Hold for 2-3 seconds. Keep hands at shoulder height.
3. Lower right leg then, squat.
4. Exhale and rise into standing then, extend left leg keeping left leg straight with left big toe pointing forward. Hold for 2-3 seconds. Keep hands at shoulder height.
5. Alternate right then, left side x12 reps each side.